Britannia Heritage Shipyard
August 9-11, 2013
Join Richmond in exploring its maritime heritage with the 10th annual Richmond Maritime Festival, a three-day celebration of nautical and natural splendour taking place from August 9 to 11, 2013 at Britannia Heritage Shipyard in Richmond.
Expect exciting all-ages entertainment throughout the site, interactive displays and a lively atmosphere sure to create a unique and memorable experience for each visitor.
Britannia Heritage Shipyard, one of the most stunning and natural settings in Metro Vancouver, provides a key link to the historical stories that will be told at this three-day event. Learn rich, local lore as Britannia Heritage Shipyard’s national historic site comes to life.
Don’t miss the following main attractions:
- Dockside boarding of a selection of beautiful and historic wooden boats
- The Chinese Bunkhouse exhibit which depicts stories of Chinese cannery workers who fought adversity and discrimination with remarkable courage
- Five different buildings on the waterfront that tell stories of work and play at Britannia from 1910–1930
- Interactive activities, demos and displays including origami and model boatmaking and knot-tying
- Pirate hats and swords, face painting, tattoos and puzzle games
- Live music, artisans, storytelling, dancers and much more
The Maritime Festival is free for all ages and runs August 9 to 11, 2013 at Britannia Heritage Shipyard in Richmond’s historic Steveston Village.